Avaya for small to medium-sized businesses
The Avaya IP 500 telephone system is a base unit of the Avaya IP Office range, and is the most popular of the Avaya IP systems. It is a phone system specifically designed for small to medium businesses. The IP 500 is a very affordable office telephone system, but when the business grows, additional licenses can be purchased to enable more features. This makes the IP500 base cost lower than other telephone systems, which is why it is the preferred system many buyers choose.
What is the Avaya IP Office 500?
The IP Office is Avaya’s primary telephone system for small to medium-sized businesses. It is a hybrid PBX that is legacy digital technology at the core, but adds on VoIP and SIP support. The Server Edition is Avaya’s newest addition to the product line, and is delivered on an HP server.
Avaya IP Office 500 Technology
The operating system is Linux, the preferred choice for telecom systems today. The system uses a mixture of analog, proprietary digital, proprietary VoIP and SIP protocols. The server hardware is provided by HP, and the PSTN gateways (otherwise known as T1 and station cards) are provided by Avaya.
Avaya IP Office 500 Capabilities
• Supports analog, digital and IP phones
• Up to 250 SIP trunks per server
• Up to 100 Voice Messaging ports
• 128 audio conferencing ports per server
Avaya Office IP 500 Strengths
• Long traditional PBX feature list
• Large conference call capacity
• Supports legacy Avaya and Nortel phones
• Conference call recording
• Large number of resellers
• Brand recognition
• Good multi-location capabilities
Avaya Office IP 500 V2 Weaknesses
• No call centre capability
• No IVR capability
• Licenses required for SIP trunking and phones
• From 1 to 6 servers are required, depending upon size and feature needs
• Support is expensive
• Older IP Office systems cannot be upgraded to Server Edition
• Smaller Avaya resellers have limited data networking and SIP knowledge
The Avaya IP Office Server Edition is ideally suited for existing Nortel and Avaya customers who want to retain the investment in their existing telephones by upgrading. In addition, the IP Office has a feature set that appeals to a wide range of businesses.
For more information and an informal chat about your requirements please call 01522692263 and ask to speak to our engineer John.
AVAYA 1600 SERIES IP DESKPHONES
The Avaya 1600 Series IP Desk phones are a value-priced family of desk phones designed to meet basic communication needs in a low-cost package with the quality and reliability you expect from Avaya. The 1600 Series IP Desk phones are designed for the same user profiles as the top-of-the-line 9600 Series IP Desk phones, thus offering a feature-set and price-point alternative. By providing a range of endpoints covering the differing needs of users at all price points, Avaya makes it possible for companies to equip their workforce with desk phones that look great, sound better, enhance productivity, and turn communications into a competitive advantage. With similar industrial design and administration, the 1600 Series and 9600 Series may be deployed in mixed environments or on their own.
Avaya 1608 Handset
• Supports 8 administrable feature buttons.
• Each button includes dual LED’s (red, green) providing explicit status for the user.
• Includes several fixed feature keys for common telephone tasks including conference, transfer, drop, hold, mute.
• Includes high quality, 2-way speakerphone.
• Supports a broad portfolio of Avaya wired and wireless headsets through its integrated headset jack.
• 100 number capacity contacts and call log applications that can enhance productivity and personalization.
• Context sensitive user interface along with 3 soft keys and a 4-way navigation cluster – ideal for scrolling through the local contacts list or call logs.
• The 3 line by 24 character display is backlit for easier viewing in all lighting conditions.
Avaya 9608 Handset
The competitively priced, high-performing Avaya 9608G IP Desk phone features a monochrome display, 4 soft keys, high definition audio quality, integrated Gigabit Ethernet interface, headset support, and up to three 12- or 24-button Expansion Modules. Part of the 9600 Series IP Desk phones, the 9608G leverages your enterprise IP network to deliver sophisticated voice communications from headquarters, remote locations, or home offices. Integrated with the Avaya Aura® and IP Office™ Platforms, the 9608G optimizes communications through a flexible architecture that leverages existing investments and accommodates changing business needs.
Key Features and Benefits
• Delivers high definition audio that can increase productivity by reducing fatigue and provides easier-to understand multi-party calls through the wideband audio codec in the handset and headset.
• Simplifies call control on the display using soft keys for everyday functions such as transfer, conference and forwarding; also makes it easy to perform everyday tasks such as quick access to the corporate directory.
• Provides visual cues that can speed task management through 8 dual-colour Red/Green LED buttons.
• Improves flexibility through support of a secondary Gigabit Ethernet port for a PC.
• Enables high-speed call handling through support of up to three 12- or 24-button Expansion Modules.
• Offers consistency through a common interface with soft clients and mobile endpoints.
• Accommodates advanced unified communications solutions with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based infrastructure on the Avaya Aura platform.
• Supports reduced energy consumption and lower costs through Power-over Ethernet Class 1 design with “sleep mode”.