09 Jan Auto Attendant on the LG-Ericsson iPECS
What is an auto attendant?
Auto attendant (or automated attendant) is a term commonly used in telephony to describe a voice menu system. A voice menu system allows callers to be transferred to an extension without going through a telephone operator or receptionist. The auto attendant is also known as a digital receptionist.
For a caller to find a user on a phone system, a dial-by-name directory is usually available. This feature lists users by name, allowing the caller to press a key to automate calling the extension of a user once his/her extension is announced by the auto attendant.
If a user is not available, the auto attendant directs callers to the voice mail of the user to leave a message.
Having an auto attendant in a phone system is a very useful and cost-effective feature for a business. It replaces/helps the human operator by automating and simplifying the incoming phone call process.
The steps below outline how to change the greeting on the auto-attendant for the LG-Ericsson iPECS.
From Attendant Phone (usually Station 100):
- Press Trans/Pgm “06”.
- Display will say, “Enter System #” (This is the greeting you want to record).
- Press “001” for day greeting or “002” for night greeting if you have one.
- Display will say, “Press Record Type” (This is the language you want to record in).
- Press “1”.
- Press # to record message. When finished recording, press the Hold/Save button.
- Repeat Steps 2 – 6 for another greeting if required.
- Otherwise, hang up the phone when you have finished recording all your greetings.
In addition to auto-attendant the LG Ericsson iPECS telephone system can provide powerful system functions such as ACD, fixed line sms, hot desking, individual call routing and automatic call recording.
It can also provide built in voice mail and conferencing capabilities.